Sunday, June 24, 2012

Peanut Butter Cookies

C is for Cookie!
One of the hardest things about being gluten free is not being able to make small sandwiches when I want a small snack. I've been craving peanut butter lately, and since I can't bring myself to eat it straight from the jar, I went for the next best thing, cookies!



I'll eat you up, I love you so!

Peanut Butter Cookies

adapted from here

Ingredients
1 cup almond flour
pinch sea salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup peanut butter (I used Trader Joe's brand with flax seeds)
¼ cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons coconut oil
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350°.
  2. Mix together almond flour, salt and baking soda.
  3. Separately, beat together peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla. I used my blender.
  4. Mix dry ingredients into wet until well combined.
  5. Roll dough in 1 tablespoon sized balls. Place dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Squish with fork and then rotate 90° and squish again to create cross marks.
  6. Bake for approximately 12 minutes until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment